Friday, October 8, 2010

Getting settled in

So, I've been here in Honolulu since June and every day has been a pleasant learning experience as I discover that each day has something new to offer and the surprises never end.

We flew in from the mainland and stayed in downtown Waikiki  for 8 days before finding a home. The stay in Waikiki was amazing to say the least. The water in the ocean is warm and the weather is perfect. Temperatures are always (no mater what season or time of day) between the low seventies and the high eighties. There are only two seasons here only the way, summer and winter, but don't be fooled, temperatures don't really change much in the winter.

Back to Waikiki, it's an amazing piece of heaven, it has the feel of a large European metropolitan city and a marvelous beach. I loved that my hotel, the Hale Koa, was right on the beach and at any time of day we could go down to the beach a take a swim. The water is a little cloudy, so snorkeling is not recommended. Boogie boarding on the other hand is really fun here.

During my first week I tried some of the most amazing foods and vowed that while I am here, I will try 1 new Hawaiian food a week. I will make sure to include pictures and reviews in this blog.

I also came to find that Hawaiians are some of the friendliest people I ever met. I love it how anywhere you go they say "Aloha" and they thank you by saying "Mahalo".

Since moving here I've really experienced the feeling of Aloha, I really feel welcomed and I don't feel the pressured of a fast paced stressful lifestyle I experienced on the mainland. It's going to be hard to get me to move away, I am in love with this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment