Saturday, October 9, 2010

Some First Impressions

The last thing I want to do is let the extraordinary become ordinary.



When the plane first landed and I walked through the airport I noticed the sheer amount and variety of flowers and trees, most of which I had never seen and was astonished by their beauty. Still today I am, you guessed it! in awe of this beautiful vegetation. I am not a vegetation type of girl but these flowers and trees are absolutely breathtaking.

Honolulu is more like the big cities in the mainland than I ever thought. All the  major chains are here, including Wal Mart, McDonald's, Taco Bell and even Toys R Us.

The people here are amazingly friendly, everyone here believes in Aloha. Well, except for those who love to beat up lone men on the beach. I've heard stories of guys getting beat up pretty bad by the locals just for the fun of it. Nothing that I've experienced though, all I've seen is sweetness and caring.

Who knew that such a small island could have so many beaches that are so different from one another!

Who knew that the weather would be the same year round. I'm not complaining!

The birds here are beautiful! And so are the reef fish, which can be seen just about anywhere there is a reef. It's almost like we are surrounded by a giant aquarium.

Unfortunately along with the birds and the fish, there is an overwhelming number of insects, some pretty crazy ones like 15 inch giant poisonous centipedes or 4 inch giant FLYING cockroaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment